Google Analytics

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Now you're getting personal...

How personal can you be on your blog? I think if you have a individual blog, get as personal as you want. But a business blog need to carry a level of seriousness and sophistication to it. You want your customers and future customers know that you care and take serious the product that you are selling. I believe customer confidence in your brand or product is important to having repeat sales.

As strongly as I feel about the level of seriousness, I do feel that there needs to be a level of personal interaction. A sense of knowing that the business just doesn't want my money but that I am satisfied with the product and/or service as well. I know this is easier said than done, especially with larger businesses and companies. Now I'm asking myself, "why can't it be done?"

I guess i'm beginning to realize that businesses need to show their personal side to their customers. Not everything is about sales and pushing product. The "human side" of business needs to show its "face" and let it's customers know that they are important. Business does not happen without them.

5 comments:

  1. Good points, Steven. Businesses definitely need to have a personal side to their interactions with existing and/or potential clients. Businesses certainly have to portray a certain level of professionalism, but I don't think that necessarliy means you need to be serious and sophistocated. In a typically dry and boring indistry (like taxes and immigration in my case), humor and personality is a must. I know the businesses that I personally interact with on social media are those that inject humor into their posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with you that business' need to maintain a certain level of professionalism however I think the "human side"of these companies is what links us a consumers to the product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think that there is a need of professionalism in the blogging industry together with personal touch on the blog posts which reflect truly the event that explains a business condition if you are blogging regarding a business. For example, if we are talking about products which should have lesser carbohydrates, a personal touch can be given on what happened when consumption of carbohydrates was over a certain limit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree a business needs to show some personality as well as maintain professionalism. I think the idea of having some individuals who represent the company with a personal touch perhaps in separate blogs is good way to go about this. I like the idea of having a more professional approach from the official business blog, website or Facebook pages etc.- then having employees act as ambassadors of goodwill in blogs or Facebook pages that they make to be more personal and can complement the business brand pages.

    ReplyDelete